Agreed by school Local School Committee Sept. 2017. Arrangements to be determined annually.
Any changes must be consulted on and where no changes are made consultation is required at least every 7 years.
Beckfoot Phoenix School is a maintained primary special school for 86 pupils aged 2 - 11 years.
All the pupils at our school have complex and significant needs in the area of cognition and learning as described in the SEN Code of Practice and may be described as having severe or profound and multiple/complex learning difficulties.
Bradford Council is the admission authority for Beckfoot Phoenix School and places pupils at the school following a request to the school/Trust.
Most pupils at the school are in receipt of a Statement of Special Educational Need/ Educational Health Care Plan that names Beckfoot Phoenix School as the most appropriate placement.
Some pupils may attend as part of an assessment period.
The BeckfootTrust has delegated the consideration of information and the response for a request for a placement to the Head Teacher.
When considering a request for a placement, the Head teacher will consider whether:
- the school is suitable to the child’s age, ability and aptitude;
- the child’s attendance at the school would be compatible with the provision of efficient education for the children with whom they would be educated;
- the child’s attendance at the school would be compatible with the efficient use of resources.
Parents and carers who may be considering Beckfoot Phoenix as a placement for their child should:
- visit the school
- talk to the child’s current school and/or
- contact Bradford’s Special Educational Needs team (01274 385962)